Witness Slips for Illinois General Assembly Hearings
What is a Witness Slip?
A witness slip is an on-line form that allows citizens to make their support or opposition known to Illinois House or Senate committee members during a hearing and can be submitted without physically attending the hearing. Completing an on-line witness slip is quick and easy.
How do I submit a witness slip on-line?
In most cases, advocacy groups will provide you with a direct link to the appropriate witness slip. If not, visit https://my.ilga.gov/ to locate the hearing and click the witness slip link.
How can I find a listing of scheduled hearings in the Illinois House and Senate?
Witness Slip Guide with suggested choices:
- Enter your name, complete address and phone number
- Firm/Business or Agency:
- Enter Self
- If you are associated with an organization, enter the name of the organization
- Enter NA or a title If you are associated with an organization
- Do not use special characters such as /
- Enter Self
- If you are representing an organization, enter the name of the organization
- Original Bill (Or the amendment if applicable) – Opponent or Proponent
- Record Of Appearance Only
- Please Agree to the Terms of Agreement
- I agree to the ILGA Terms of Agreement
- Create Slip
Can I make this process easier if I plan on submitting future Witness Slip?
Yes, You can create an ILGA account here.