Celebrate the Renewable Energy Transition with EVs – 2019
- DeKalb Mayor Jerry Smith – Jerry Smith is the Mayor of the City of DeKalb, elected in 2017 and following a lengthy career in business and philanthropy. Smith spent 30 years in the printing business at Castle PrinTech, and 10 years as executive director of the DeKalb County Community Foundation. Smith is a member of Climate Mayors, signing on after discussions with 350 Kishwaukee and our Environmental Commission. As a proud ’66 NIU alum, Smith has enjoyed extensive dealings with his alma mater. He and his wife Ging, a ’72 Northern graduate who arrived in DeKalb as a Fulbright Scholar from the Philippines, are the parents of another Huskie, Eric, class of ’02, who lives in central Illinois.
- Charles Frank – MBA University of Chicago, Owned and ran Z. Frank auto dealerships for 35 years. Real Estate investor. Sierra Club member since 1976 and Life Members. 12 years on the Sierra Club Foundation Board, 5 years on the Sierra Club Board, Current member of the Illinois Chapter Board and chair of the Sierra Club Woods and Wetlands Conservation Committee
- Lee Gasper-Galvin – PhD Chemical Engineering, West Virginia registered Professional Engineer, Owner of Galvanacar LLC (electric vehicle components R&D)
- Paul Stoddard – : Grew up in New York, degrees from Brown, Texas A&M, Northwestern. Geophysicist at Conoco Oil for 3 years, Professor of Geology at NIU for 29 years (retired Dec 2018), and candidate for Illinois House of Representatives (70th District) 2018, 2020.
- Clare Kron – Clare is Co-Chair of the DeKalb Citizen’s Environmental Commission, with a major focus in recycling, composting, and emerging technologies that impact the natural environment. She is also an adjunct professor of biology at both NIU and Kishwaukee College, and has taught Environmental Biology, General Biology, Genetics, and Molecular Biology.